User Interface Designer page
Us The CIW User Interface Designer is the second course in the CIW Web and Mobile Design series. In this course, you will learn about the strategies and tactics necessary to design user interfaces, with particular emphasis on creating user interfaces for mobile devices. You will study how to apply essential usability concepts, including clarity, ease of use, simplicity, and detectability. You will learn how information obtained from the client, sales, and marketing is utilized to design and develop compelling visual experience Web sites for multiple platforms, including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
In addition, you will learn more about wireframes, color schemes, tones, design templates, formatting, and typography. This course builds upon your abilities to implement user analysis techniques, usability testing procedures and the vital role of testing to publish and maintain a Web site. Finally, you will study branding considerations and responsive design implementation in relation to the user interface design of Web sites.
The CIW User Interface Designer course prepares candidates to take the CIW User Interface Designer exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW User Interface Designer certification.
- Web designers
- Internet consultants
- IT professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Web and graphic artists
- Business professionals
Skills Taught (Refer to course description for more details)
- Obtain information from the client, including obtaining detailed information from relevant parties (e.g., sales and marketing).
- Create a wireframe.
- Deploy appropriate color schemes and tones.
- Describe and use current typical design templates.
- Summarize proper use of formatting and typography.
- Recognize user analysis techniques.
- Apply essential usability concepts, including clarity, ease of use, simplicity, detectibility and typography.
- Describe usability testing procedures, including the importance of testing.
- Design for multiple platforms (e.g., mobile phone, tablet, traditional desktop).
- Identify elements that make a compelling visual experience.
- Discuss branding considerations in relation to user interface design.
- Implement responsive design (e.g., progressive enhancement, feature detection).
- Design pages for a cloud-based storefront
- CIW Site Development Associate or equivalent knowledge
- CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist or equivalent knowledge