Multimedia Specialist is the third course in the CIW Web and Mobile Design series. The CIW Multimedia Specialist course focuses heavily on the strategies and tactics used to prepare, create, edit and publish video files compatible with the Web and mobile devices. This certification focuses less on creating pages or user interface design, and more on advanced video and audio creation.
The CIW Multimedia Specialist course prepares candidates to take the CIW Multimedia Specialist exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Multimedia Specialist certification.
- Web designers
- Internet consultants
- IT professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Web and graphic artists
- Business professionals
- Create a storyboard and develop copy for video narratives.
- Describe steps for creating an effective Web (or tablet-based) video and e-learning.
- Demonstrate how to create and relate a narrative in a video or multimedia presentation.
- Perform advanced video editing, including metatagging/metadata.
- Explain proper use of vector and raster images.
- Summarize advanced image creation and editing techniques, including scanning images, creating vector and raster-based images, applying metadata.
- Describe and implement XML data reuse.
- Demonstrate knowledge of in-house and commercial video hosting platforms and media consoles.
- Explain bandwidth considerations, including costs, business concerns.
- Recognize benefits and drawbacks of using cloud providers and services (e.g., YouTube, Internap, Tubemaster++).
- Identify uses and issues associated with virtual reality.
- Demonstrate knowledge of learning management systems (LMS).
- Give effective presentations and process feedback to improve an organization's multimedia presence.
- Design multimedia for mobile devices.
- Explain ways to respect and profit from intellectual property laws and trends.