Learn the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and command line and basic open source concepts.
NDG Linux Essentials is designed for learners who are beginning to build Linux knowledge for a career in IT. (Many of the concepts in this course are covered at a more demanding pace in NDG Introduction to Linux.)
1. Learn basic open source concepts.
2. Understand how Linux is used and the basics of the command line.
3. Apply skills using Linux virtual machine with step-by-step and hands-on lab activities.
4. Build foundational knowledge for progressively mastering Linux commands.
5. Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
The expansion of open source is redefining IT job roles by requiring Linux skills. Knowledge of Linux is an important differentiator for business and IT professionals interested in big data, cloud computing, cybersecurity, information systems, networking, programming, software development, and more.
Career pathways include: network engineer, software developer, and Linux administrator
Certification: LPI Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate (PDC)
Good knowlewdge of PC & OS